After the Board meeting yesterday we had an interesting conversation
in the IRC about whether different people would stand for election. As
someone said, we have agreed on seven places on the Board, but will we
get seven candidates??

This got me thinking - how can we encourage people to put themselves
forward for the Board? Personally I particularly want to encourage
people who may have skills in particular areas - media relations,
event organisation, charity administration etc. They might not have a
huge amount of time to dedicate to the organisation but would be very
useful in getting the chapter making the right decisions! It's also
great to get people involved who might have lots of energy, lots of
time and lots of new ideas to bring to the table.

Any thoughts?

Andrew