2009/1/24 James Farrar <james.far...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/24 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>:

>>> I would agree, provided that one of the Directors isn't re-standing...
>>
>> I don't see any benefit to the Director is they are. They don't need
>> to decide whether or not to stand until the day, and as long as they
>> aren't the only person receiving the notifications they can't
>> "accidentally" lose the email and not let the person stand.
>
> Well, the latter would be the responsibility of the Teller, as I read
> it - and as for the former, the relationship between Article 17.2 and
> the Election Rules is confused, to say the least.

On further reading, actually, I'm not sure it is confused.

What is the basis for saying that current Directors "don't need to
decide whether or not to stand until the day [of the AGM,
presumably]"? Art 17.2 (a) would seem to be rendered moot by the
Election Rules, which don't actually contradict it.