2009/1/24 Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net>:

> On 24 Jan 2009, at 21:53, James Farrar wrote:

>>> You probably want to make sure someone on the board receives those
>>> emails as well, since it's the board that are responsible for all
>>> this
>>> at the end of the day.
>>
>> I would agree, provided that one of the Directors isn't re-standing...
>
> Is there a reason why the information can't be cc'd to all directors?

My past experience as a returning officer, as a candidate, and as a
candidate's agent in elections suggests that allowing candidates or
potential candidates a running commentary of candidates standing
negatively influences the fairness of an electoral process - and this
is particularly true when only a subset of potential candidates is
getting this information.