2009/2/4 Sam Korn <smo...@gmail.com>:

> I think the Ukranian Wikipedia must have a welcome-bot with enotif
> installed and on by default.  I just got a very similar email having
> gone to uk.wikipedia.org to work out what was happening!

Quite a few projects do, now - I've had it happen from three or four
(occasionally with a helpful English note at the end, on the grounds
that this is the language most likely to be spoken by a random
visitor).

It's an unexpected effect of single-signon; when you first visit a new
project, it recognises you as signed in elsewhere and so creates the
new account for you. The bot then picks this up from the new-account
log...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk