Hi Mike,
    I'd be interested in applying for an admin post - what do you need to know
and what do I need to do?

Many thanks

James (Colds7ream)

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

  Hi all,

  Would anyone be interested in being an admin on the Wikimedia UK
  website? This would let you edit protected pages, block users, etc. -
  the usual things. Obviously, you'd need to be approved by the board
  (a quick and painless process). We are currently waiting until we can
  de-sysop people (as a general principle) before actually turning
  people into admins, but hopefully that won't be too long a delay.
  Tango42, Majorly and Seddon already have the board's approval to be
  sysops.

  Also, would anyone like to come up with a new front page design for
  the wiki? The one we currently have really doesn't look that good
  visually. Please volunteer on the talk page for the main page, or go
  ahead and make modifications straight away if you want.

  Thanks,
  Mike