I've been bold and set up a page on the wiki for this at http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetings/2009_AGM/Candidate_questions
Last time - from what I remember please correct me if I'm wrong - we said that candidates could choose to answer questions or not - I suggest we have the same. There were some mandatory questions (e..g are you over 16?) but we've covered those in the nomination process. Although it's definitely a good facility to have, I'm not sure it needs to be in the Election Rules as such. On Apr 8, 9:10 am, "joseph seddon " <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes I think we need to ensure provisions for this in all future elections. > > Seddon > > -----Original Message----- > From: Michael Peel <[email protected]> > Sent: 08 April 2009 09:07 > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [Wikimediauk-l] Election of Directors - Candidate statements and > ballot paper > > James et al., > > Thanks for sorting all of this out. What's the best way for people to > ask questions of the candidates? Should it be done privately, or > should we have a page for this as we did for the last elections? > > This is something that was overlooked in the writing of the election > rules... :-( > > Mike > > On 8 Apr 2009, at 08:09, James Farrar wrote: > > > WIKI UK LTD (WIKIMEDIA UK) > > ELECTION OF DIRECTORS > > > This message contains the following information pertaining to the > > election of Directors of Wiki UK Limited (Wikimedia UK): > > > (1) Statement of Persons Nominated > > (2) Electoral Procedure > > (3) Candidate Statements > > (4) Ballot Paper for absentee voting. > > <cut> > > As ever, any questions about the elections should be directed to > > [email protected]. > > > James Farrar > > Teller, Wikimedia UK > > _______________________________________________ > > Wikimedia UK mailing list > > [email protected] > >http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l > > WMUK:http://uk.wikimedia.org > > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia UK mailing list > [email protected]http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l > WMUK:http://uk.wikimedia.org > > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia UK mailing list > [email protected]http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l > WMUK:http://uk.wikimedia.org _______________________________________________ Wikimedia UK mailing list [email protected] http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org
