From: wikimediauk-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikimediauk-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Peter Coombe
Sent: 12 July 2009 11:18
To: wikimediauk-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediauk-l] [Foundation-l] "sue and be damned" FOI to NPG

But even if FOI is deemed to apply to photographs of artwork, they could
release the files and still maintain their claim of copyright
http://www.dca.gov.uk/foi/yourRights/index.htm#receive

They could also claim commercial interest (IMO reasonably) as a reason not
to comply with such a FOI request, but this is at least tested against the
public interest.
http://www.dca.gov.uk/foi/yourRights/exemptions.htm#43

Pete / the wub