If the NPG were a governmenet agency with a remit to maximise the commercial
value of its information then I could understand that it would claim the
commercial exemption from FOI.

But their remit is to make their collection available to the Public and they
object to us helping them do that? I'm not sure what "This exemption is public
interest tested." means, but I'd like to think that we could dispute any
attempt by them to restrict Public access to the photos of the paintings that
they are looking after and supposedly displaying to the public.

~~~~