2009/9/21 James Hardy <wikimedi...@weeb.biz>:

> Slight pedantry, the Isle of Man is not part of the UK, it is a crown
> dependency. The Constitution of Wikimedia UK does not appear to make
> any mention of the Crown Dependencies, so promoting the Manx Wikipedia
> might not be considered part of its remit.

I did indeed know this ;-)

I don't think there is any danger of them getting upset; even were we
to spend funds on this in some way, any amount used specifically for
Manx would be trivial (and it's unlikely anything *would* be used
specifically for Manx). Simplest just to say "the Celtic languages,
with which we are obviously concerned" and move from there.

Besides, Manx people are British citizens even if their sovereignity
is confusing, and plenty of them live here, so there's our legitimate
reason. ;-)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk