On 28 September 2011 13:53, Harry Burt <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Oh, sure. But Scots is the most marginal case of the lot, I think,
> which is why I was reminded of it by the original post.

I agree that it is debatable whether some of the marginal wikipedias
have much value, although in the case of Scots it is perhaps because
it is generally quite understandable to most English speakers that
makes the Scots Wikipedia seem less useful than say Welsh or Irish
Wikipedias.

<http://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_leid>

However, I do think that Wikimedia UK ought to offer support and
encouragement to other language wikis with UK connections if needed.
The following is a list of other language Wikipedias that could be
considered to come under the purview of Wikimedia UK:

Simple English
<http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Simple_English_Wikipedia>
73,631 articles

Welsh
<http://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymraeg>
33,944 articles

Irish
<http://ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaeilge>
13,294 articles

Scottish Gaelic
<http://gd.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A0idhlig>
8,459 articles

Scots
<http://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_leid>
7,153 articles

Manx
<http://gv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelg>
3,900 articles

Norman (including Guernésiais, Jèrriais and Sercquiais)
<http://nrm.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normaund>
3,473 articles

Anglo-Saxon
<http://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englisc_spr%C7%A3c>
2,720 articles

Cornish
<http://kw.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernewek>
2,188 articles

Andrew
[[User:BabelStone]]

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to