Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the comments on this so far.

Given some of the feedback I think a call to action on one significant
article is perhaps not going to attract too much attention. But what I
think could work is a new year kind of story in which Wikimedia UK
"releases" its top 50 targets for improvement on Wikipedia. It's the kind
of listicle that is quite popular these days. Last year we put out a press
release on the 20 most searched for terms on Wikipedia and that got quite a
lot of traction.

If others think this could work (or we could reduce the number to 20, or
25, or whatever) then I'll create a page on the UK wiki where we can post
suggestions for articles that might be relevant in 2015 (such as Magna
Carta, of course) and work from there.

Thanks again for all of your comments.

Stevie

On 7 November 2014 21:44, Rod Ward <rodw...@plus.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the videos – have just included one in the article.
>

> Working on the linked pages would also be useful – both the
> abbots/bishops/barons (NB not “signatories”) and the settings
>  (improvements to Runnymede have already been requested) and some of the
> legal revisions along with later effects or interpretation. Lots of the
> bulleted lists of “clauses in one charter but not another” also need to be
> tackled (and referenced).Any further help appreciated.Rod

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*