Hm, it should work fine for too. Can you give me a WD item for a book with a PG ID and a Index page? I'll investigate further... :-)

One cool thing that I've only recently found is this list of PG's sources: (you need to log in)

It's not very structured, but it's the only place I've found that links a PG ID to a scan on the Internet Archive or elsewhere. I'm thinking of writing a scraper to get the data so that it can at least link more PG IDs and IA identifiers on Wikidata.