Hi!

> Changing the messages in this way may be good from a performance
> perspective
> it really hurts the usability of our messages. Messages are
> localised at
> translatewiki.net and this is where we do require these messages. When
> messages are to have hardcoded strings as you propose you defeat the
> objectives of using a set of messages that are universally usable.

I'm suggesting doing that just on our wikis. Mediawiki users can have
whatever expensive logic, I don't care that much :-)

> In my opinion your proposal has really nasty side effects so my
> question is
> how you want to ensure that we are not working cross purposes.

Using {{ on common messages is no-go on major wikimedia wikis. Again,
people can do whatever transformations they want at any level, except
final mediawiki message logic that is on our site.

BR,
Domas