On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Peter Gervai <grin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding a gui layer to wikitext is always okay, as long as it's
> possible to get rid of, since majority of edits not coming from "new
> users", and losing flexibility for power users to get more newbies
> doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

There does seem to be a common presumption that "us old-timers" would
switch off the WYSIWYG and get straight into the wikitext. Speaking
for myself though, I'd love a good interface where I didn't feel
compelled to do that. I hate the amount of time it takes just to find
the point I want to edit. I'd love to be able to hide all the wikitext
that I'm not right in the process of editing. I can't really picture
such a beast yet, but hopefully someone else can.

Steve