On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, but something more subtle might actually be appropriate.
> Presumably IE6 lingers so long because it doesn't cause *users* any
> problems. All the headache is on the side of web developers. If you
> make it a problem for users (eg, youtube doesn't work anymore, iirc),
> then they eventually make enough noise to bug their corporate masters
> to switch.

Our goal is to make information freely available to as many people as
possible.  Annoying people who try to use Wikipedia would make it less
pleasant for them to use the site and run contrary to our mission.  We
need to support IE6 as well as possible, given realistic constraints
on our manpower.  We should not be taking out our frustration at IE6
on users who typically didn't choose their browser in the first place.