> My contributions for audio recording uploads are not ready because
> they depend on the upload redesign and client-side Flash.  I am still
> waiting to hear from anyone why the current state of Flash is any less
> closed than that of Java.  I am willing to give the benefit of the
> doubt that people have simply not researched the situation with
> Adobe's current public documentation and license along with the state
> of Haxe and Gnash, but in the mean time I can wait for the upload
> redesign before I take up that issue in earnest.  I'm also trying to
> raise money for Gnash developers to make that particular hurdle a
> complete non-issue.
I would love to see Flash/Gnash support on Commons, but as far as I
know, it isn't currently in the development pipeline (and as you said,
their is still lingering cultural resistance to anything Flash-related,
despite the emergence of projects like GPLFlash and Gnash). If you want
to use Flash for uploads in the meantime, you can set-up an uploading
front-end on the toolserver. I have a Flash-based uploading front-end
for Commons on there myself that I use for doing multi-file uploads.

Ryan Kaldari