Hi,
We are creating an off-line version of the wikipedia, but we continue to
have problems getting templates to render correctly. So far, we've
tracked down two sources of the problem.

Here is one example:
One is when tags are not closed properly. Here is an example from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa. This is a portion of the page
near the top that is part of the Infobox parameters...

<snip>
|symbol_type=Coat of arms
|image_map=South_Africa_(orthographic_projection).svg
|national_motto=''{{unicode|!ke e: ǀxarra
ǁke}}''{{spaces|2|}}<small>([[ǀXam language|ǀXam]])<br/>"Unity In Diversity"
|national_anthem=[[National anthem of South Africa]]
</snip>

Notice that the <small> tag is not closed.

On our version of the page many of the subsequent <tr> and <td> tags are
rendered as html entities and this ruins the layout of the page. I'm not
sure why this is works in the current on-line version but not ours.
(Another example is the Refimprove template--check the latest change by
Plastikspork--this makes any page with the Refimprove template broken).

We have the same extensions applied as Wikipedia. We also have the
wgUseTidy set to true.

If you have any ideas about how to troubleshoot this one, I'd appreciate it.

Brent