Ahh,  good question.  But yes, we did install Tidy.  It's the windows
version though if that makes a difference.  We are reasonably sure that
it's working (it definitely works independently of MW) because a few
small rendering problems were fixed, but the major ones described here
weren't affected.  We aren't exactly sure where or when Tidy is invoked
(after each template is parsed?).  We haven't yet tried to determine if
it is supposed to be cleaning up something that it's not.

Thanks!
Brent