On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <ar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> I am following this discussion and happy to bat around ideas if there's
>> something that might be appropriate for your course, Aryeh.
>
> Well, is there?  Anything that needs to be parallelized, or that's
> already parallelized but needs significant optimization work (e.g.,
> scales much worse than linearly)?

(suppressing grumbles about diff engine for edit conflicts, probably
an algorithm rather than speed issue)

I suspect that the MySQL engine is the one place where parallelism is
most applicable, but I am not a MySQL internals guru.  However, there
is one associated with the project, and I believe on the list.  Domas?

--
-george william herbert
george.herb...@gmail.com