"Platonides" <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ihfd31$buv$1...@dough.gmane.org...
> An internally handled parser function doesn't conflict with showing it
> as a textbox.
>
> We could for instance store it as a hidden page prefix.
>
> Data stored in the text blob:
> License: GPL
> ---
> {{Information| This is a nice picture I took }}
> {{Deletion request|Copyvio from http://www.example.org}}
> "
>
> Data shown when clicking edit:
>
> Author: <input type="text value="Bryan" />
> License: <select>GPL</select>
>
> <textarea name="textbox1">
> {{Information| This is a nice picture I took }}
> {{Deletion request|Copyvio from http://www.example.org}}
> </textarea>

Eeewwwwww....

What's any different between this and a {{#author: }} parser function apart
from the inability to access it from the wikitext?  As noted, it's perfectly
possible for the data to be in a separate field on the upload form, either
by default or by per-wiki hackery.  This is likely to result in as many "why
can't I edit the bits of wikitext which diff, history, transclusion (let's
not forget the enormous can of worms mucking around with the wikitext will
open up there), etc assure me is there??" questions as it solves "what does
this brace structure do?" ones.

--HM