That's exactly my point :)
Most Firefox bugreporters are ordinary users so if they are able to report a
bug then Mediawiki users can do it as well because they are basically the
same group of Internet users.  And again, my suggestion is not hard, it's
about giving ordinary people a number of things they might want to think
about when submitting a report. This certainly will not scare people away,
in the worst case they will ignore the questions.