Στις 02-06-2011, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 08:31 -0400, ο/η Alex "Mr.Z-man"
έγραψε:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Brandon Harris <bhar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> >        Your solution, as you've described it in the past, comprises "people
> > do
> > code review or orf wit' dere heads".
> >
> >        I know of no professional developer who has dignity who will work
> > under
> > those conditions.  So it's untenable.
>
> Wow, I picked the wrong career path. A whole profession where you're
> never asked to do anything that you don't want to do and there's no
> repercussions for not finishing assigned tasks on time. That sounds
> awesome!
>
> --
> Alex Z.

*sigh*

If code review is simply added to the list of tasks that must all be
done in the same time period, it's not going to succeed.  We need to
make sure that time is allocated to it, which means less time spent on
other things, and reprioritizing those other things appropriately, *and
sticking to that*.  That last bit is the hard part.

Most pgroammers that I've known aren't willing to put up with "here's
more things on your plate, get them done in the same time frame or walk"
for very long.  It's also true that generally people are hired for jobs
with given job descriptions, and shops that tend to pile on substantial
tasks not in those descriptions without checking in with folks first,
wind up with morale issues at best and people quitting at worst.

We ought to be able to avoid both of those outcomes.  So why not do so?

Ariel