On 10/08/2011 9:49 AM, Daniel Friesen wrote:
> WikiText is loose so instead of errors, if the
> parser doesn't like something you inputted it's not going to pass that
> through raw and let a html validator say it's wrong, it's going to
> decide it doesn't like it and treat it as plaintext.

Well, the validation feature that I added to my web-site helped me catch
a bug for you.

If you are outputting WikiText that includes the HTML-like <h1>, <h2>,
etc., tags, then make sure you're not outputting them in the context of
table content, because that is invalid. In order to turn such WikiText
into compliant HTML, the <h1> WikiText should be converted to a <span
class="h1"> HTML element, and so forth. The various skins should be
updated to do something sensible with the h* classes.

I'll let you know if my HTML validator helps me to easily catch any
other bugs like this for you.

We've already established that MediaWiki is broken because it's
outputting empty <ul> elements, so maybe you can have a look at fixing
that up too.

Thanks.

John.