On 12/22/11 12:31 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

        I don't have any ego tied up in this other than going "wtf" at why this
is a thing.

        The old colors - yellow/green were not good for a lot of reasons.  When
it came down to it, the only colors we really *can* use are yellow and
blue.

        Here's what happened:

                * I was asked to look at the bug as part of my 20% code review.
                * I applied Erwin's patch (manually) and then played with
changing
colors around to see what worked and what didn't.
                * I tested everything in various color-blindness tools.
                * I came to the conclusion that we could ONLY use yellow and
blue because:
                        - Orange and blue vibrated next to each other.
                        - Yellow and purple vibrated next to each other.
                        - The use of green or red in any combination was not
going to work
for a jillion reasons
                        - Blue and Purple turned into the same color with
colorblindness
filters on.
                        - Ergo, Yellow and Blue, with orange-ish highlights.

                The yellow is *unchanged*
                The blue is basically Erwin's blue except I might have tapped
it
around a bit to bump up contrast in certain places; I don't remember
exactly.

        So.  What was *supposed* to be a 15 minute task has now turned into a
drama - over something I don't really care that much about anyways.

        This was an open bug. I was asked to address it. I did.  That's the end
of the story.

--
Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation