On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Ryan Lane <rlan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Green has a meaning of "Go" or of "this is ok" in many cultures.
> Making either side green gives a bias to the diff. Similarly with red.
> Red means "Stop" or "this is not ok". Many people associate red with
> blood, and green with nature.

The argument of "we can't use green because it means good and we can't
make moral judgments in the UI" kind of sets off my bullshit detector
to be honest. Almost everything and everyone that colors diffs uses
red/green, for obvious reasons. Of course that's bad for color-blind
people (isn't red-green colorblindness the most common form?), so
we're changing it now. But I don't think anyone (apart from some
people on this thread) gives a crap about the
green=good/better=ZOMGtheyresayingIsuck association in practice.

Of course I'm not a designer or a UX person or anything like that;
this is the opinion of a developer, take it for what it's worth.

Roan