On 1 April 2012 14:53, Svip wrote:
> On 1 April 2012 13:59, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1 April 2012 12:23, Svip <svi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So I would take that article with a grain of salt.  Particularly the
>>> statement about 'real time'.  That's not even feasible.
>>
>> That a desired monitoring regime would require a violation of physics
>> has *never* stopped a legislative push for such.
>
> But it has always stopped it from being implemented or executed in
> practice.  While the development is terrifying, it is also important
> to note the lack of actual consequences it will have.  Other than
> being a huge embarrassment.

I don't see why it *couldn't* be implemented.
Note that the real time statement is no different on how they can snoop
your phone calls in real time.
Sure, the storage requirements would be crazy, but I don't see specific
details on what is to be stored, so it may well be implementable given
enough funding.