On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> As far as "people being assigned to the the task of evaluating them", I
> think you may be overestimating the number of people we have floating
> around to do this work.  "People" is basically Chad, who is pretty burnt
> out on working on this, and is exasperated with this process, but without
> drafting someone outside my group (like you?) :), I don't have many
> options.  Having Chad do this means taking one of our most experienced
> MediaWiki developers, and having him not work on MediaWiki, but instead, do
> more evaluation of code review tools.
>
> Before doing that to Chad, I'm asking people who believe passionately that
> we need to move off Gerrit to actually tell us what they'd like to move to
> in a structured, constructive way.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

I'd like to just clarify Rob's comments here, since they're about me :)

When Rob says "burnt out," I really am tired. This process has been
very draining, but necessary. It's very important that we get this right,
which is why I've been committed since day 1 to helping absolutely
everyone with absolutely everything relating to Git. Got a question?
Ask me. Need a new repo? Ask me. But being a one-man-army tires
you after awhile and that's where I'm at right now. But like I said, I'm
committed to seeing this through and making sure we're in the best
possible position going forward.

I feel like "exasperated" has a bit of a negative connotation to it.
Better way to describe it would be "would very much like for this to
find resolution so I can fade back into obscurity and work on cool
things again, like Config overhaul which I really really want to see
done so much." :)

Again, I'm here to support the community on this. Whatever the end
result is, I'll be behind it.

-Chad