On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Antoine Musso <hashar+...@free.fr> wrote:
> So that is definitely doable. It is currently blocked because the
> build-in CSS are loaded AFTER the user CSS which is totally dumb but is
> definitely an easy fix.

It's not quite as easy as I had hoped, unfortunately. However, it can
be worked around (slap !important on everything), and I am still very
actively researching a fix for it. In fact, I spent the vast majority of
this week playing with upstream. Other than researching that bug, a
couple of other cool things I worked on were:

1) I reviewed some improvements made by another developer to the
plugin interface that will make it into 2.5.
2) I wrote my own plugin (in less than an hour and less than 100 LOC)
to solve a silly issue I've hit.
3) I contributed a lot of fixes to the "delete-project" plugin (which we
need, badly), and as a result it's now working and will be coming out
along with 2.5.
4) I also spent quite a bit of time diagnosing some of the "diff bugs"
that people have been hitting in Webkit-based browsers. I didn't get a
fix, but I did find out a lot and reported all that information upstream.

Also, if anyone tells me that upstream is not active enough, I ask you
to please look at a commit I made 2 days ago[0]. I know it wasn't earth-
shattering, or even really important. What was important, is that it was
reviewed and merged in *less than a minute* without any action on my
part. All upstream contributions receive quite a bit of feedback, and
things get merged into master every single day. I talk with the Gerrit
guys constantly, and they've been nothing but supportive and helpful
in both my questions and helping to resolve our issues.

-Chad

[0] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/36980/