That is great to hear. Thanks for tying us together, Asher.

For Wikidata, we have not uploaded our Solr extension yet (mostly
because we are waiting for the repository to be set up), but we will
then upload it soon once it is there. I would be especially interested
in sharing schema and config snippets for the many languages we
support, but as far as I can tell this is not so much a requirement
for Max and maybe not even for the TranslateMemory, not sure.

We also selected Solarium to connect to Solr. It is a bit worrysome
that it is basically a one person project if I see this correctly, but
the library seems small enough not to pose the risk of becoming too
much of a maintenance legacy I'd say -- especially compared to the
alternatives.

Any preferences for Solr 3 v 4? It seems that 4 is the smarter choice,
but we are having trouble to get 4 run on labs. Solr 3 works pretty
much out of the box, though.

Also, we should probably at some point consider how the different
extensions and their dependencies should be handled. I'd prefer not to
ship three different versions of Solarium with three extensions :)

Cheers,
Denny

P.S.: Yuri, regarding GESIS' Solr implementation, they have done some
great work for using Solr as a store for the structured data in SMW.
Funny thing is, they actually do not use Solr for the search itself!
This work is somewhat relevant for Wikidata phase 3, but unfortunately
quite irrelevant for TranslationMemory or Geodata.

--
Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das