On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 14:25 -0800, Quim Gil wrote:
> What about removing the LATER resolution from our Bugzilla?

Picking this up again.

Reading the postings again I mostly see support for dropping RESOLVED
LATER.
Daniel uses this for tickets whose solution is out of our control.
As mentioned they could be marked via using the "upstream" keyword
(preferably with an upstream tracking URL in the "See Also" field) in
combination with the "upstream" keyword.

Assuming agreement that RESOLVED LATER is deprecated and lowest priority
is used,
      * some community members need to adjust their Bugzilla queries to
        exclude such tickets.
      * we need to actively discourage the use of RESOLVED LATER for
        tickets recently marked as such, and point to this thread. Help
        welcome.
      * we need to go through all RESOLVED LATER tickets, reopen them by
        setting appropriate values (lowest priority, upstream), and
        explain why (pointing to this thread). Help welcome.

Once no RESOLVED LATER tickets remain, I can remove the resolution.

Silence means approval.

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler