2013/1/23 Paul Selitskas <p.selits...@gmail.com>

> It definitely needs a redesign or a different approach. I believe that
> putting rendered view into data attributes is the worst practice ever. Data
> is for data, and if you want to put rendering onto client's shoulders (that
> is why you want these data attributes, right?), then you should not mix
> client- and server-site together.

No, I don't at all. I only need to get "clean parameters value" wrapped
into rendered page, so avoiding a difficult (sometimes, impossible) reverse
engineering to get them, and avoiding an AJAX call to get them as-they-are.
I see Infoboxes as potentially excellent records.... where data are
impossible to read and use (for a large variety of interesting uses); and I
think that's a pity and someway a resource-wasting situation. Rendering is
only one of dozens of possible uses - but no data, no use of data.

The whole thing is very simple and effective is infobox template code is
designed from the beginning to accept "clean string data" without any
wikicode or html code inside; but I see that very few infoboxes are
designed to get such "clean" data and nothing other.

Alex brollo