On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Krinkle <krinklem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But before more bike shedding (have we had enough these last 2 months
> yet?), is there a problem with having a directory?

It somewhat breaks the pattern, considering that all the other access
points (and their corresponding php5 files) are located in the root. So
that leaves only overrides.php, which I'm not sure why it was kept in
mw-config, considering that (quoting Platonides) "the installer used to be
in the config folder, until the rewrite, which *moved the classes* to
includes/installer" (emphasis mine). If the classes were moved to
includes/installer, why did those of overrides.php's remain? So they can be
easily deleted? I don't think they're the only files that are kept around
that people won't use, so the convenience of an easy deletion doesn't seem
that much of a big advantage, especially at the expense of a logical
organization of the code.

By the way, there's also an INSTALL file in the root, so even if
overrides.php was moved there, it wouldn't be the only installation-related
non-access-point to be kept there.