Hi Greg. Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the references to Robla's e-mail clarify nothing: It only
addresses things outside of the scope of my original questions, since,
interpreting the text literally, you will only be responsible for code that
is to be deployed on Wikimedia websites, which is always master, never a
release branch meant for use by third parties.

For the sake of clarity, I think it may be useful to repeat the original
questions from this thread:

A. Who can and will review and approve [..] submitted for backporting? (for
clarity sake: to branches of supported point releases of MediaWiki, for
example MediaWiki 1.19 and MediaWiki 1.20, which are not in use by
Wikimedia). I thank Chad for doing that, and I acknowledge that many have
the technical right to merge code into these branches, but that's not what
I'm asking here.

B. Who is MediaWiki's release manager, and what can we expect of the person
who has that role? Given the information provided by Rob Lanphier, it's not
the Wikimedia Release Manager Greg Grossmeier, as he's responsible for
"managing the deployment process for the Wikimedia websites."

Siebrand

Siebrand Mazeland
Product Manager Language Engineering
Wikimedia Foundation