On 21 February 2013 16:02, Siebrand Mazeland (WMF)
<smazel...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Mark A. Hershberger
> <m...@everybody.org>wrote:

>> * Champion features that non-WMF users want.  This includes things like
>>   searching inside a category and a WYSIWYG editor.

> As a non-native speaker I sometimes have to look things up in a dictionary.
> In this case I found out that "to champion" means "to fight for or defend a
> cause." Very noble of you. Please do ask for help, because those fights can
> be very lonely otherwise :).

Speaking as a tarball user, I'd expect from an LTS like 1.19:

* Security maintenance. This is the main thing for me.
* Preservation of internal and external APIs. We were actually caught
by the API change between 1.15.3 and 1.15.4 - which was necessary for
security reasons, but I'd expect no other reason for an API change.
And the internal API-like things that extension users use, so that an
extension written to 1.19 would keep working.
* Last: new features, a visual editor, etc. I would expect that new
things would require a later version.

So basically as a sysadmin I'm after stability. How do others'
expectations measure up?

- d.