On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Gabriel Wicke <gwi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> There *might* be, in theory. In practice I doubt that there are any
> articles starting with 'w/'. To avoid future conflicts, we should
> probably prefix private paths with an underscore as titles cannot start
> with it (and REST APIs often use it for special resources).

When talking about URI design and REST, it has nothing to do with
functionality, but with organization and logical design. In URIs, the path
part of the URI is considered a hierarchical structure. It doesn't make
sense for api.php to be a sub-resource of the wiki itself. Even doing some
sort of underscore design wouldn't make sense, because you're implying that
the _images/ resource is the same level sub-resource as a normal article.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com