On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Gabriel Wicke <gwi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Ah, ok. That would make it hard to keep /w/api.php working. /_w/api.php
> would not suffer from that problem, but then current API users would break.
>
> So I guess that kills the /wiki/ removal in the shorter term. Maybe we
> should however consider using something like /_w/ if we ever introduce a
> new API entry point to avoid conflicts with valid article names in the
> future.

I disagree. Having separate naming conventions for our entry points just
makes things more inconsistent. Also I don't think it's even necessary in
the first place to get rid of the /wiki/. It doesn't look messy at all.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com