On 28 September 2013 00:54, Petr Bena <benap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think a few different concepts are being muddled here.
> >
> > Flagged revisions (and its variant, pending changes, on enwiki) is
> applied
> > to individual articles to hold *all* edits from certain user classes for
> > review.
> >
> > What Petr is looking for is a way to flag *individual edits* to an
> article
> > (not the whole article) for review.
> >
> > Flagging edits for review through either method means creating an
> > expectation that someone else will review the edit. The use of FR/PC is
> > date) only enabled following community discussion and usually community
> > determination of the applicable rules for its use. I suspect that
> enabling
> > a means to flag individual edits would also require some sort of
> community
> > consensus for its desirability before it is enabled; however, someone's
> > going to have to write the code first before that happens.
> >

> I don't know how others, but thanks to some my experience with
> "establishing of consensus" I first ask for it and then code. It's a
> huge waste of time when you spend months coding and then you receive
> "sorry we don't want this" response from community...

On that we agree, Petr!

I don't honestly know how various communities would respond.  English
Wikipedia has been very cautious in returning to the use of pending changes
- there are less than 800 pages on PC right now, and on looking at the list
I'd estimate probably a quarter could get it yanked if someone cleaned up
the list to match the criteria.  On the other hand, being able to flag
individual edits rather than entire pages might well draw significant
support.  I wonder if this might be something that would have a greater
chance of success on a project other than enwiki, particularly one that
doesn't have the flagged revision option in place.  I realise that might
mean running more than one version of Huggle, and that's a definite burden
for someone who doesn't have a huge team behind him.

Risker