On 02/17/2014 02:45 PM, Derric Atzrott wrote:
> NVC values honestly expressing your own needs and feeling and empathetically
> listening to those of others.

You know, I'm generally considered to be reasonably skilled at
communications; and I think that I have had some success in remaining
cordial and attentive to both my colleagues and the members of the
community I often interact with.

To be honest, if someone were to address me in the way you describe in
your examples, I would almost certainly be seriously offended.  You call
this Non-Violent Communication, but I find it both condescending and
dismissive, and would certainly perceive it as a deliberate attempt at
being passive-aggressive.

TL;DR: YVVM.  Not all methods of communication are appropriate for all
media, or of all audiences.

-- Marc