On 5/17/14, Max Semenik <maxsem.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I actually think that  anons should be the last to gget new features if at
> all possible: they are the group least informed about projects' internal
> workings and thus it's hard for them to report problems.

+1

I'm reminded of a type of issue that popped up on flagged revision
wikis, where anons get stable versions, and users get newest version -
Since the anons were viewing different text, it took a long time for
the people with the power to fix things to actually find out things
were broken because anyone who could report the issue saw the ok
version.

As for A and B - B seems to be a no brainer. A is a bit of a balance.
Its hard to know what is too much notification, and when its not
enough.

I do think there are probably better ways to handle notification of
new features. Perhaps a pop up the first time new feature is activated
explaining the feature and how to disable it. I'm not really sure.

--bawolff