Hi,

during the last year the math extension achieved a goal defined back
in 2003. Support of MathML. In addition there is SVG support for
MathML disabled browsers. (See http://arxiv.org/abs/1404.6179 for the
details)
I would like to give Wikipedia users a chance to test this new long
awaited feature.
Therefore we would need a mathoid instance that is accessible from the
production cluster. Greg Grossmeier already created the required table
in the database. (Sorry for the "friction" connected with this
process)
Currently the MathJax team is working on a phantom.js less method to
render texvc to mathml and svg. Some days ago I have tested that it,
and it works quite well. I would appreciate a discussion with ops that
to figure out how this can be can go to production. The original idea
was to use jenkins to build the mathoid debian package. Even though
the debian package builds without any issues in the launchpad ppa repo
jenkins can not build the package. If there is a reference project
that uses jenkins to build debian packages that go to production this
would really help to figure out what is different for mathoid and why
the package building does not work even though it works on launchpad.

Best
Physikerwelt

PS: I was informed that there is a related RT that I can not access
https://rt.wikimedia.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=6077

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Moritz Schubotz