On Tuesday, August 19, 2014, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was curious to how generic the rating system is. For example would
> it be possible to use such a thing on something like BetaFeatures or
> was it specifically designed for extension rating?

I'm not sure how related is this, but Article Feedback allowed user rating
+ comment, and it was deployed in Wikimedia servers. Editors didn't find it
that useful for regular articles (too much extra work processing too little
value feedback on top of Talk pages), but maybe this could (with small or
not so small adaptation, I don't know) in the very specific context of a
beta feature page.

For instance, imagine a page created specifically for a deployment of a
specific version of a specific beta feature e.g. Winter 0.x. There you
would expect ratings plus optional short feedback without requiring to the
user any background nor any commitment to engage in a discussion. The
deeper discussion would flow (pun intended) across releases at the beta
feature talk page e.g. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Winter

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil