I think the way we'd want to go is roughly to have a *partnership between*
the Services and Mobile teams produce and maintain the service.

(Note that the state of the art is that Mobile Apps are using Mobile Web's
MobileFrontend extension as an intermediate API to aggregate & format page
data -- which basically means Max has done the server-side API work for
Mobile Apps so far.)

I'd expect to see Max and/or someone else from the Mobile team
collaborating with the Services team to create what y'all need:
1) something that does what Mobile Apps needs it to...
2) and can be maintained like Services needs it to.

In general I'm in favor of more ad-hoc project-specific teams rather than
completely siloing every service to the Services group, or every mobile UI
to the Mobile group.

-- brion