On 02/03/2015 05:46 PM, Dan Garry wrote:
> *tl;dr: Mobile Apps will, in partnership with the Services, investigate
> building a content service for the Mobile Apps.*
>
> The Mobile Apps Team currently has quite a few pain points with the way we
> fetch article content currently:
>
>    - We have to make a lot of API requests to load an article: article
>    HTML, lead image, read more recommendations, and more

Is there a bug for this and the other issues? I'm subscribed to [1], but
I don't see anything like the issues you've mentioned on it.

What are "read more recommendations"?

>    - We send the user HTML that we then discard, needlessly increasing data
>    usage
>    - We do transforms to the HTML in JavaScript on the client side, which
>    causes code duplication across the apps and degrades user-perceived
>    performance
>    - Trivial changes to the API (e.g. renaming a parameter) can break the
>    app which is problematic since apps can't be hotfixed easily

Is there an actual instance where an API change has broken an app or is
this merely a hypothetical concern? Speaking as an API developer, we
occasionally have to make breaking changes, and if we broke something
too fast, it would be nice to have feedback if that was the case so we
can improve in the future.

-- Legoktm