For the sake of open collaboration, please let's not encourage ways of
communication that are non-standard for open source projects. PM on IRC
should be more than enough for online 1:1 communications, while email is
good enough for offline. GSoC is all about introducing more people to open
collaboration, and Conpherence doesn't sound as if it's helping to
accomplish this goal in any way.

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Jamison Lofthouse <
jamison.loftho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please no Phriction for obvious reasons ;). As for Conpherence it was more
> for the one-on-one conversations that are needed for GSoC and other mentor
> to student collaborations.
> Negative24
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM Legoktm <legoktm.wikipe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 05/04/2015 08:07 AM, Guillaume Paumier wrote:
> > >   * You can now chat with other users
> > >     <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Conpherence> in Phabricator. [1]
> > >     <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91392>
> >
> > Uh, why? Where was this actually discussed with more than 4 people? We
> > already have IRC and mailing lists, so why do we need yet another
> > communication system? Are we going to be enabling Phriction next?
> >
> > Please turn it off.
> >
> > -- Legoktm

Best regards,
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])