David's example is, unfortunately, probably a good one to keep in mind.

Regarding enforcement, WMF's traditional approach is that staff discipline
is handled on a track that's  independent of community enforcement actions,
and the WMF in-house actions are almost entirely opaque which is in
contrast to the more transparent process of community enforcement. Because
staff and community are comingling in these technical spaces, it may be
best to have more harmonious and more transparent linkage between community
and staff investigations and enforcement procedures. This might require the
involvement of WMF Legal and/or HR to sort out how this system will work.

For the purpose of developing enforcement procedures that will apply to
staff and to community members in similar if not identical ways, I would
like to suggest setting up a working group that includes WMF HR, WMF Legal,
WMF technical staff (broadly construed), community technical contributors
(broadly construed), and community admins and IRC ops who may be involved
in investigations and enforcement of this proposed code of conduct.
Enforcement in these circumstances is complicated, and I think that a
working group would be best positioned to propose a legally sound solution
for consideration by staff and community alike.

Pine