On 16 August 2015 at 04:06, rupert THURNER <rupert.thur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> that is an impressive list, amir. WMF hast its terms of use:
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use (TOU) . admitted, an
> illegible monster compared to the simple statements below, like
> contributor covenant. i honestly do not think that an open movement
> like the wikimedia movement should invent any new terms, licenses,
> codes, but influence existing ones. by putting your stuff on the
> mediawiki.org site you and all contributors are bound to the TOU. and
> we already see that the many rules contradict each other in little
> areas, they cannot be updated fast enough without an army of persons.
> the terms of use e.g. suggest to use CC-BY-SA 3.0, which lead to a
> collection of law suites in germany, while CC-BY-SA 4.0 would have
> prevented at least some of them, see here:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2015-July/078685.html
> .

I don't understand how the terms of use or copyright license relate in
any way to codes of conduct.

If you mean "we should be looking for good examples of existing
enforcement mechanisms or language", I absolutely agree, and that is
part of what the Code of Conduct is trying to do.

> rupert
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Amir Ladsgroup <ladsgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was trying to adapt such policy for technical spaces for two years, It is
>> serious issue and it happens a lot, If it didn't happen to you, that
>> doesn't mean it's not happening or doesn't worth being addressed. I'm
>> working to adapt a CoC for pywikibot if this one fails [1]
>> If you think it needs more work to be a feasible policy, I think so too,
>> let's discuss on the talk page but if you think we don't need such policy,
>> you are entitled to your opinion and that doesn't mean you are right. I
>> feel we have this long discussion because some people from WMF is working
>> on the CoC and there is the spirit of "Since WMF did the superprotect, it
>> hates the community" between us.
>>
>> I just want to point out to so many CoCs that big tech communities have and
>> remind us importance of the issue.
>> * contributor-covenant: Adapted by AngularJS, Eclipse and more [2]
>> * Open Code of Conduct: Adapted by Github, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter. [3]
>> * Djanog CoC [4]
>> * Python CoC [5]
>> * Ubuntu CoC [6]
>> * Geek feminism [7]
>> * And much more [8]
>>
>> [1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Pywikibot/Code_of_conduct_RFC
>> [2]: http://contributor-covenant.org/
>> [3]: https://github.com/todogroup/opencodeofconduct
>> [4]: https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/reporting/
>> [5]: https://www.python.org/community/diversity/
>> [6]: http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct
>> [7]: http://geekfeminism.org/about/code-of-conduct/
>> [8]: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_conduct_evaluations
>>
>> Best
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 2:53 AM David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Code_of_conduct_for_technical_spaces/Draft#First_line_of_enforcement
>>> initial
>>>

>>> +1 - this looks a good start. Having *something* that can deal with
>>> the cases you can hardly believe and yet not fall apart at the
>>> social-mechanism gaming that wikicranks are so good at is an excellent
>>> start.

Oliver Keyes
Count Logula
Wikimedia Foundation