On 10/16/2015 01:14 PM, Bernd Sitzmann wrote:
In any case, given that Parsoid's HTML clients usually talk through
RESTBase rather than with Parsoid directly, this optional API flag would
also have to be supported in RESTBase, and could potentially follow the
redirects on behalf of the clients.
I'm not sure why RESTBase would have to support this. I think there should
be also some indication in Parsoid's output to indicate that a redirect
happened and from where, like it's done on the website.

No client talks to Parsoid directly anymore (except temporarily while resolving some issue maybe). So, any API flags that need to be passed through to Parsoid should be exposed in the RESTBase API as well.

Given that, I observed that RESTBase could potentially follow the redirect instead of passing it to Parsoid to follow the redirect (and eliminate the extra hop). But, yes, it does make sense to do this in Parsoid directly behind an API flag or a different endpoint.

Subbu.