Original version with links and HTML: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:
Td5wfd70vptn8eu4
2016-10-31

The Wikimedia Developer Summit 2017 is 10 weeks away!

PARTICIPANTS

60 participants confirmed.
* 111 more people have requested an invitation.
** 81 of them have requested travel sponsorship as well.

Join us!

PROPOSALS

58 proposals submitted

* 8 in backlog
* 10 in Unconference
* 6 missing basic information
* 27 missing active discussion
* 3 to be pre-scheduled
* 4 invalid

Call for participation. The deadline for submitting new proposals is
****TODAY**** Monday, October 31.

MAIN TOPICS

Program

On track:

* A plan for the Community Wishlist 2016 top results
* Building on Wikimedia services: APIs and Developer Resources (T147593)

Missing basic information

* Building a sustainable user experience together

Missing one facilitator

* Handling wiki content beyond plaintext (T147602)
* Building a sustainable user experience together
* Artificial Intelligence to build and navigate content (T147708)
* How to grow our technical community  (T147406)
* How to manage our technical debt (T147937)

Cancelled

* A unified vision for editorial collaboration (related proposals are
welcome)

ORGANIZATION

Promote the Wikimedia Developer Summit beyond the usual circles
* A successful promotion brought more scholarship requests than in the
previous three Summit editions combined.
* Pageviews peaked at 363 on one of the outreach days
* Twitter saw 22,737 ‘impressions’ on this tweet, shared by WMF Comms and
others and 12,601 for this one.

Wikimedia Developer Summit Scholarships
* A new committee is reviewing candidates as we speak

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil