> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Strainu <strain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> but what I would particularly like to see is how it
>> handles navboxes. Traditionally, they have been hidden on the
>> Wikipedia mobile site, prompting people to do all kinds of sick
>> workarounds that kind of work, but not really. If anyone can come up
>> with a decent solution to that it's probably you :)
>>

> The solution is probably for the on-wiki editors to make navboxes
> responsive (e.g. using TemplateStyles[1]), rather than expecting the skin
> to deal with it.
>
> [1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TemplateStyles

Skipping navboxes is a decision that was taken by the WMF team
responsible for the mobile site (whatever it was called at the time)
and can be solved cleanly only at the skin level, but I don't expect
this to happen as long as it will break the mobile site.

Your proposal would be the ideal argument for reversing the current
"solution", yes, but realistically, it's not going to happen
throughout the hundreds of wikis that implemented navboxes.

Strainu