My preferred solution would be: Open the content in a modal dialog,
preferably (with landscape option). Open the content full size within
that modal and use overflow scrolling to navigate it when needed. You
can't make tables responsive, it's just impossible. And if you have
the Excel app on your mobile, it's not responsive either. It's just a
huge scrollable surface (with fixed headers, another thing that is
near impossible in HTML :(  ).

DJ